Biting Your Tail

May your hands be strong and willing.
May you know when to speak and to listen.
May you find every friend that you're missing.


May your tongue be soft and wicked.

May your words be worth stealing.

May you lose what offer gladly.
May you worship the time and it's passing.
Stars won't ever wait for you to watch them fall.

May your eyes be wide and seeing.
May your learn from the view you're kneeing.
Know the fear of the world that you feel is the fear of a slave.


These are pieces out of order from the song ''Biting Your Tail'' by Iron and Wine.  That are quite relivant to my life at the moment. Especially the first paragraph in this blog. Lately I feel like I have done so much listening over the past month or so I now want someone to listen to me and I find myself talking and complaining a lot and not really listening. Having selfish moments that I feel like I deserve. Even though that sounds just terriable.

Coming from Sunny South Florida to Vienna, I am not used to Winter at all. So I think this past week I have a case of depression. Unfortunately when you decide to move more than 3,000 miles away from home and nobody is coming with you you start missing home big time. So you have to be a strong person to be able to get through such things.  I left the comfort box for me, I left my job, I left my family, I left my friends, I left my pride and joy Marabelle my dog the apple of my eye, I left the home that I love, I left my language and well pretty much the life that I knew and loved.


For some people the black abyss is inticing and pulling them in like a black hole of curiosity. While for others the unknown repels them. For me it was the right decision but if you ask me at a low point I will probably choke out the words that this life is what I wanted and in the long run will be better for me.

I can't want to live a fullfiled life filled with risks and great achivements without doing anything.

It is hard to see life back at home go on without you when you have such a limited home base whereever you may be.

So what I am trying to say I guess is no matter what it is you dream or want to do, when you achive your dreams and goals and there comes a low point for you don't let yourself fall into a depression. I know that is easy said because right now I am in that low point and I know if someone told me not to get to that point I would just ignore them. Even though I am at a point where I just need another friend in my life and I don't really have any, I keep telling myself this is what I wanted and everything will work out fine in the end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Job Hunting in Vienna as a Student.

Blog Break is OVER!

Here's to the New Year and New Beginnings!